funsec mailing list archives

Re: WHAT TIMING!!

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:57:07 -0500

On 8/29/07, Oliver Schneider <Borbarad () gmxpro net> wrote:
I see, so you really don't know what you believe, do you? You have to
train to kill if you want to be able to effectively defend yourself
and your loved ones.
Wrong.

Saying it is so doesn't make it so. If you aren't practiced in the art
of shooting you can't be sure that you will be able to to make the
shot that saves your life. Sorry, that's a fact.

And your example sounded more like accidental(?) killing (sorry if I don't get the subtleties of your language
right). But probably I am the only one here who understood it as self-defense with the killing happening in the heat
of the moment.

It was accidental - but the perp is dead, regardless. Lets say you
didn't have a club but you did have a gun and you shot him, murder?
You should keep in mind that such a perp in such a situation could at
any moment infect your wife or daughter with AIDS (killing them,
essentially) should you not act quickly enough.

LOL, good luck. Which motive?
Greed, etc. ...

I know most all of the popular motives - I'm asking you which motive
you're going to attack first. But let me explain, its a joke. The one
true motive is the human condition and their isn't a "fix" for that.

You don't remember your mail from a few hours ago?

It wasn't even that long ago - so, yes, I do. I remember asking you
where you got the idea that there isn't a difference between killing
and murder, I quote, 'cause I'd still like a response:

<Oliver> There is no license to kill - for no one and from no one.</Oliver>

<Brian>Where does this idea of yours come from? If religious - I"m unaware of
a single religion which forbids killing. If its not, well then, its an
atheist free-for-all - or it comes down to property rights.

[reworded] In all of these instances, the morals concerning the taking
of another
man's life only consider it murder when the motive is selfish
(revenge, money, hate) as opposed to save the life of one's self, the
life of another or property.</Brian>

That sentence was poorly constructed and I'm not sure I've improved
upon it much.

--
Thank You,
Brian Loe