funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:34:27 -0500

On 8/29/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

OK, I've done that. No-one got killed. Then I banned guns in the UK, and
our murder rate was suddenly one twentyth of the USA.

So you're claiming that murders with firearms went DOWN after the ban?

See, I told you they avoid all contact with truth.

And I have a theory about how this works. My theory goes like this - when
you have a lot less guns in the population, you get a lot less people
being killed by guns.

Let me know what you think of that theory.

I think its not much of a theory - since it defies the facts, for one,
and for another, it has no effect what-so-ever on the murder rate. And
you are justifying the ban based on the murder rate, right? You're not
just some dictator-wannabe that hates guns for no real reason, right?

Anyway - I'm all in favour of having lots of guns in America. That's
because I never go there.

Good. Keep up the support. I'll gladly set up a PayPal account for
your donations to my gun purchasing fund.

Healing the effect sounds good to me. When I fell into a bed of nettles
and ow ow ow, the cream I put on my arm worked so much better than cutting
down all the nettles.

And because your way of thinking doesn't allow you to consider
anything deeper or worse than nettles you will always come to a bad
conclusion a matters that require deeper thought. Cancer, for
instance. Treating the symptoms of cancer (pick your cancer, pick your
symptoms) does not eradicate the cancer, end result: you still die of
cancer.