funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:52:40 -0500

On 8/30/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

So, given that I can't stop people from becoming criminals, I rather like
the idea of making it substantially more difficult for them to murder.
Sure, if you could magically disappear all guns, people would still hit
each other with bricks. But it's a lot harder to murder with a brick, than
with a gun.

1) You have obviously never been hit over the head with a brick.

2) Lets say fewer guns DID reduce the murder rate (there's not a
single fact showing it, but this is for pretend purposes). Now,
instead of 4 million people murdered only 2 million are. Of those 2
million dead, how many might you and your law be responsible for? As I
said, until this nirvana of zero guns is reached, innocent will die
without even the opportunity to defend themselves - which is morally
reprehensible.