funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:09:51 -0400

On Mon, 14 May 2007 10:31:21 EDT, der Mouse said:
A "right" has to be workable even when everybody actually chooses to
use it

I disgaree.  Consider, for example, "I have the right to buy breakfast
at McDonald's every day".  Or "I have the right to stand at the corner
of Main Street and First Avenue" (mutatis mutandis for your favourite
city's "central" intersection).

There was a *reason* I made the Monty Python reference... ;)