funsec mailing list archives

RE: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 10:26:48 +0100

IMO the UK could save a lot of time and money by just
outlawing accidental death of all kinds ;-)

That's actually what much of State Nannyism is about. (Yes, we do have a
Nanny state. It's just seeing whether an obvious risk is large enough to
justify legislation doesn't strike me as being altogether unreasonable.)

My main problem with nannyism isn't that I think people should be allowed to
do what they like to themselves and other people. It's the fact that so many
measures are not seriously intended to eradicate a problem, but to evade any
responsibility for it.

Oh, look, we're back to discussing security. :)

--
David Harley CISSP, Small Blue-Green World
Security Author/Editor/Consultant/Researcher