funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Want a beer at the pub? Have your prints taken

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:17:36 -0500

On 10/23/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Brian Loe wrote:
On 10/22/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

I can *understand* the anti-smoking law. That's about it.

Really? So you understand the government's ability to control your
private property just fine?

I am the *only* Israeli non-smoker, I don't mind people smoking around me
one bit, but I can understand smoking not being allowed in public places,
as well as the UK government's wish to limit the habit by raising taxes on
it.

PUBLIC? Agreed. I said private property - which would include pubs, I
would think, unless the Israeli government owns pubs (kudos to them if
they do).

I can't understand anything that impacts me directly or tells me what to
do, at that level, if I don't hurt others and do so in the privacy of my
own house.

What about a friend's house?

Do we really want to go to the philosophical realm of whether suicide
should be legal or illegal? Let's stick to the facts.

We are, aren't we? And besides, what exactly is the punishment for
committing the crime of suicide? :)

Limiting beer drinking to 2 AM will not actually help reduce drunk
driving. Taking my prints at the bar sound stoo 1984-ish to me.

I agree. But, the UK is almost already there with their cameras, why
not have fingerprint scanners at every door? Better to alert those
cameras me thinks...