funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Want a beer at the pub? Have your prints taken

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:58:41 -0500

On 10/22/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

I can *understand* the anti-smoking law. That's about it.

Really? So you understand the government's ability to control your
private property just fine?

In Israel they
now look to follow UK and SE examples (what examples?!?!) to ban pubs
after 2 AM, to prevent drunk driving.

Yet another example of government ignorance - name a single law that
has had ANY impact on human behavior. There isn't one. We have all
kinds of insane drunk driving laws in the state - nothing has changed.
Its still carnage on the highways. Difference is, now people get
locked up for what they may have potentially done as opposed to crimes
they've actually committed.