funsec mailing list archives

RE: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:02:58 -0400

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 Blanchard_Michael () emc com wrote:

 I know that everyone is waiting for this update!

  Last night I was able to throw a "cell phone like device", ok it was
rock that was roughly the size and weight of my motorola i730....

Cop-out. This is like using non-viruses in an antivirus test. Unless you

use a real mobile phone, how can you know that the results would be the
same? Different density, different streamlining, different flight
characteristics.

--->  ROFL, not so much as a cop-out as a "close enough for this test".
The rock really was
      pretty close the the weight of my i730, and close to the size of
it as well.
      "Close enough for government work" I'd say!  :-)

     As a good friend once told me, "We're not delivering livers here!".
So the results
     of my test was certainly close enough for me.

     Plus, I don't have a junked mobile phone to throw...  If anyone
wants to send me one, I'll
     be happy to repeat the test using that....

Without hurting myself, I made it past the 50 yard mark, but didn't
reach the 75 yard mark, was roughly around 60 yard mark, but I called
it
55yards just to be safe.  This was without hurting myself and without
training or anything like that....  Get a professional ball player to
throw a mobile phone and I'm sure they'll beat that 89 yard record....

I doubt if I could get to the 89 yard mark though....