Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: MS not telling enough - ethics

From: "DAN MORRILL" <dan_20407 () msn com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:52:29 +0000

Advance and protect the profession

Sponsor for professional advancement those best qualified. All other things equal, prefer those who are certified and who adhere to these canons. Avoid professional association with those whose practices or reputation might diminish the profession. Take care not to injure the reputation of other professionals through malice or indifference. Maintain your competence; keep your skills and knowledge current. Give generously of your time and knowledge in training others.

https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=12

The language has changed since the last time I have looked, and that is a good thing. Thanks for pointing that out as it had been a while since I went there. Even though there are 4 canons, the explaination of the code is also part of the ethics that they mandate you follow.

Suffice to say, its a good idea, but what real governance power do they have? And what harm is it to remove someone's CISSP from them for unethical behavior?

Anyone have any statistics they can share on how many people get their CISSP revoked due to ethical issues?

Thanks, this is a good discussion.
r/Dan

Sometimes MSN E-mail will indicate that the mesasge failed to be delivered. Please resend when you get those, it does not mean that the mail box is bad, merely that MSN mail is over worked at the time.