Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Support the Sasser-author fund started

From: James Riden <j.riden () massey ac nz>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:01:37 +1200

"Oliver Raymond" <root () transientimages com> writes:

I am no more likely to support a German committing terroristic
acts on electronic infrastructure than I am a <pick_a_nationality>
committing terroristic acts to real world infrastructure.

Availablity?
Patches for the previous Slammer, Blaster and Sasser worms have
all been available for 14 days or more from Microsoft. Bad
management practices or poor administration practices are to blame.

14 days is fine if the patch works straight out-of-the-box. I'd
usually expect to deploy within around 10 days with a clean patch.

MS04-011 did NOT work fine; in particular it's causing us BSODs and
USB issues on a large number of hosts.

--
James Riden / j.riden () massey ac nz / Systems Security Engineer

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html