Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Support the Sasser-author fund started

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:11:56 -0400

On Mon, 17 May 2004 15:58:35 BST, Jos Osborne <Jos () meltemi co uk>  said:
Well, it's a start. Now you just have to teach them to Right-Click-Scan-for-viruses in the middle of that...

Of course, the problem here is that if it got to our user's desktop via e-mail,
it didn't get detected by the mail hub's scanner. That probably means we're in
the 4-6 hours between first sighting and a pattern showing up, so scanning
probably won't do much good.

On the other hand, if you're in that several hour gap, you're basically screwed anyway....