Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Support the Sasser-author fund started

From: Cedric Blancher <blancher () cartel-securite fr>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:07:46 +0200

Le jeu 13/05/2004 à 18:17, Aaron Gee-Clough a écrit :
Duquette, John wrote:
Why not punish all the admins/users who failed to patch their systems in
time as well.
Because they didn't break the law.  It's really that simple.

In France, there's a law that says you have to furnish available means
to appropriatly protect systems that personnal datas (names, addresses,
telephone numbers, CC numbers, etc.). However, it is not strict, so you
can justify a patch delay for validation means or anything else that
obviously prevent you to patch, in particular if you can produce a
workaround.

But doing nothing at all (no patch, no workaround) simply break the law.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html