Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Wireless ISPs

From: Jeff Workman <jworkman () pimpworks org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:14:13 -0400

--On Tuesday, May 11, 2004 1:26 PM -0700 "Schmidt, Michael R." <Michael.Schmidt () T-Mobile com> wrote:

In some states it is illegal to intercept any communication without both
parties knowledge.  This is true of wired or wireless communications.  Be
it a chat session or an online order process.  In the state of Washington
(my home state) intercepting this communication could be a felony.  So at
least we have that

AFAIK using credit card information fraudulently is a felony regardless of the legality of the method used to obtain such information. Since credit card fraud is illegal and it still doesn't discourage some people from practicing it, why would making the means of obtaining it illegal discourage it? Sure it adds one more charge on the prospective felon's rap sheet if/when they do get caught, but do they really care? I think not.

-J

--
Jeff Workman | http://www.pimpworks.org/nigritude-ultramarine.html

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.