Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Wireless ISPs

From: Jeff Workman <jworkman () pimpworks org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:08:24 -0400

--On Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:16 PM -0400 Sean Milheim <sean () idreus com> wrote:

However there is also pop3s and imaps.

I make pop3s and imaps available for email users as well as the unencrypted versions. When I tell somebody how to setup their account I tell them that they should use the SSL version, and since 99% of them are using Outlook Express there's no reason they shouldn't, right? My mail logs show maybe 3 people, excluding myself, that use imaps/pop3s, and I am the only user that uses STARTTLS with SMTP.

Apparently the users don't care, so why should we?

-J

--
Jeff Workman | http://www.pimpworks.org/nigritude-ultramarine.html

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.