Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Wireless ISPs

From: D B <geggam692000 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:27:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

Your reasoning is quite skewed.  Yes wireless
ISP'ISP'sould have
encryption and most do.  It is very poor accounting
and business
procedures to let evereveryouneyour network and use
it >for free.
Unless
maybe you are thinking of a WAP WAPa coffee house.

However saying that wireless ISP'ISP's responsible
for >an irresponsible
merchant sending sensitive information over an
insecure medium is quite
reckless.

erm

merchant = https order from and there to a secure mail
serverand from there to the ISPs insecure ...oops
there goes all that SSL

and no i dont know for sure if the merchant had secure
mail ..point being there it wouldnt matter if the ISP
secured their email or wireless transmissions

and ill be damned if i prove i have someones credit
card # this way .. in fact i deny even knowing this is
possible

this is all hypothetical

cept the part about the ISP not using any form of
encryption anywhere

How about we hold the person responsible that
initially creates the
problem and not hand it off to someone who you
already >seem to have a
vendetta against.

vendetta ?

thats it ...everyone pack up and go home

security is now a vendetta

quit being retarded

this is a full blown ISP I tried to convince to use
any form of encryption including  TLS / SSL email( the
admin thinks simply using kismet is hacking ) ... i
was ignored ( they do offer webhosting & mail services
along with DSL & dialup.. they also  support many
local businesses )

http://www.effingham.net check them out....free
internet at the intersection of I-57 and I-70 in IL

when i posted the fact there was no protection for
users  publicly ( on my own discussion board ) the ISP
( wireless ) accused me of harassment to my ISP ( i
hate talking to lawyers )

i have now harvested several hundred client email
addresses to whom i will be sending copies of their
own email ( nothing else works so i suppose the direct
approach should be tried )

perhaps that will create  some awareness by DISCLOSING
the facts to  endusers about the company trying to
hide the fact their data is so easy to obtain

are u aware of the definition of disclosure or are u a
posing geek who likes to use big buzzwords and
bullshit their way into something ?

Dan Becker