Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: why commcerical software *could* be better [WAS: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft prepares security assault on Linux]

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:27:29 +0200

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:33:11 -0800
Gadi Evron <ge () egotistical reprehensible net> wrote:

I apologize if this somehow gets to the list twice, I accidentally
posted it here with the wrong email address:

2. A commercial company providing with liability (and responsibility)
    for the software you use (in other words - tech support and someone
    to blame).

Can you explain what responsibility does m$ take for its crap? Just read
the m$ EULA again before using the word "responsibility". (having the
right to say "fsck bill" does not qualify as responsibility).

3. No source (!!) available for people to examine, thus making it, to a
    level, harder to locate security "holes" - for outsides in any case.

There are enough bugs in windoze, but haven't you heard the rumours that
a lot of propriatary os code has leaked?

georgi

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html