Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DCOM RPC exploit (dcom.c)

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: 27 Jul 2003 18:10:12 -0500

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 17:09, Ron DuFresne wrote:

Blame the provider of the OS you are trying to tame.  sheesh, whine whine
whine, I can't do my job Im underpaind and over worked, I can't secure my
network cause some fools gonna tell me they can't play their fav game with
friend on another network, I want windows and all the shit that comes with
it, but, I don;t want to have to deal with the fallout eachtime the built
in kitchen sink blows up.  Then get the edu site yer at to force a desktop
OS change to something you might be betterable to contreol with less
effort.  If the beast exists.  but, better yet, get a job in a filed that
does not stress you to such extreme limits.

Ron, you are just as clueless as you were when Slammer hit.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.