Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DCOM RPC exploit (dcom.c)

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:33:06 -0700

Chris Paget wrote:

I know this is the
full-disclosure list, but working exploit code for an issue this huge is taking
it a bit far, especially less than 2 weeks after the advisory comes out.

I'm aware of at least 7 exploits for this vuln now. Are you really going to complain that you get to see the source for one of them? If so, that's easy enough to fix, just delete the file from your drive. Yes, this exploit will almost certainly be turned into a worm. I for one would rather see the exploit that will be the worm ahead of time, makes it easier for everyone to prepare.

                                                BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html