IDS mailing list archives

Re: Network IDS

From: José Joaquín <jostein_svq () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:42:01 +0200

Hi there!

Have a look at ISS products: network sensor and 'new-brand' proventia (www.iss.net). It may help you to decide that we are already using an ISS solution to protect our network from the outside world since a year ago, and it really works.

Taking into account your starting point,I reccomend you to install a network sensor on a dedicated Windows NT/2000 (if it is the only sensor, you can install all architectural components on it) with 2 NIC's: one attached to your inside network (for managing purposes) and the other one sniffing the traffic (in stealth mode) in front of your firewall.

Kind regards,
Jose Joaquin.