IDS mailing list archives

RE: Network IDS

From: Mark Teicher <mht3 () earthlink net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:14:45 -0600

OK, Someone along the way, we are missing the point, those are characteristics of an IDS not an IPS

/mark

At 01:08 PM 8/27/2003, Frank Knobbe wrote:

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 09:41, Scott M. Trieste wrote:
> The ISS Real Secure product can also interface with Check Point OPSEC to
> spawn TCP resets that can kill an attack.

<shameless plug>

So can Snort using Snortsam.

</shameless plug>

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training), October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world’s premier technical IT security event. Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors. Symanetc is the Diamond sponsor. Early-bird registration ends September 6 Visit: www.blackhat.com