IDS mailing list archives

Re: Intrusion Prevention

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 15:34:00 -0600

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 03:46, Jill Tovey wrote:
ActiveScout by all intents and purposes seems a unique and innovative
approach to IDS technologies and provides a number of advantages over
other detection systems, such as proactively detecting reconnaissance
attacks.

uhm.... could you please explain how anyone can *proactively* detect
recon scans? Is that through some ESP plugin?

100% no false positives, 'proactive' intrusion detection, intrusion
prevention products that can 'sense' when you are 'about' to scan, and
'cloak' your network for you..... oh wow, I guess we're not in Kansas
anymore...