IDS mailing list archives

Re: Intrusion Prevention

From: Dave Mitchell <dmitchell () viawest net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:52:22 -0700

I personally recommend the Netscreen IDP. It uses flow based packet inspection, can ride
in-line or in sniffer, and has a realtime Java GUI for Windows or Linux. Policy options include
the ability to allow, discard, TCP RST client, TCP RST server, or both. The 2.0 code allows
for in-line with spanning tree and can also use VRRP. They are reliable, easy to install,
and best of all, easy to manage.

I was able to push near ~450mb/s at the IDP 500.

-dave