IDS mailing list archives

RE: Intrusion Prevention

From: "Adam Powers" <apowers () lancope com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:16:57 -0500

From what I understand of the technology, they only accommodate external
threats. They don't provide protection against internal -> internal or
internal -> external threats. Perhaps someone from Forescout could
comment on this "limitation".

Additionally, to say "100% accuracy" implies that they properly
interpret 100% of the attacks (100% "precision" as another poster
explained it). Unlikely.