Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Vulnerability Response (was: BGP TCP RST Attacks)

From: "Ames, Neil" <NAmes () anteon com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:24:20 -0400

Ron,
   You hit one of my peeves.  Some very large organizations have this mindset--that you can't have host-based firewalls
or low-end appliances doing firewalling of islands of servers--because they want to be able to scan everything and
control everything from their desktops.  ("Red is grey and yellow white, and *they* decide which is right and which is
an illusion..."--if I may [mis-]quote Moody Blues lyrics)  I don't beat my head against the wall anymore.  I just watch
them scramble every once in a while when the chewy middle goes bad for obvious and preventable reasons.

--Fritz