Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: iso 17799

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Paul D. Robertson wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, R. DuFresne wrote:

Though it hasn't been updated in sometime, I bet the firewalls-faq is
still available online.

I've been trying to get changes made on and off for about 3 years now.
Put a fork in it, it's dead Jim.

Ok, in the "You get what you ask for category," the Internet Firewalls FAQ
is slightly updated, with many more updates to come.

http://www.compuwar.net/pubs/fwfaq/

I'll publish a todo list of things I've collected already to write soon,
and there'll be regular updates.  Suggestions and comments are welcome to
either me directly, or the Interhack address listed in the FAQ itself.

Definitely on the list are a section on personal firewalls, more on
stateful filtering and inspection, layer 8 issues, and "Which firewall
should I get?"

Paul