Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: VPN endpoints

From: "Smith, Aaron" <SmithA () byui edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:49:42 -0600

I think it really depends on the purpose of the VPN.  I implemented a
VPN solution that bypassed the firewall completely.  Why?  Because it is
used for administrative network access, ie. in case the firewall was out
of whack.

For client access, my preference is to protect the VPN's external
interface by putting it in the DMZ.  Then put the internal interface
inside.  That way you can filter packets where they should be
filtered--at the firewall.

@@ron Smith
"Let smiths perform the work of smiths."