Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

unauthenticated topology download on AI error message

From: "Steve Rielly" <steve.rielly () extranet co nz>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:50:48 +1200

Hi All,

I have been connecting to an NG AI firewall with SecuRemote for NG with no
problems....right up until I created a new user.

The existing users had been imported when the firewall was upgraded from 4.1
SP6 to AI and had been working fine.

Now when I go to do a site update, or create the site, after I put in the
IPAddress to connect to I get a message like 'This firewall is configured to
allow unauthenticated topology downloads and this is no longer supported. I
don't actually get a chance to authenticate this connection.

I removed the user I created, with no effect, and using GUIDBEdit I have
change 'allow_clear_gettopo' from true to false under the Global
Properties->Properties->Firewall properties and have restarted the firewall.

This also didn't fix the problem and I am still getting the same message.
Existing users are still able to connect fine, but I suspect if they try a
site update they will loose connectivity.

Any suggestions as to what else I should be looking at??

Cheers,
    Steve Rielly