Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: unauthenticated topology download on AI error message

From: Christopher Hicks <chicks () chicks net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:56:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Steve Rielly wrote:
Any suggestions as to what else I should be looking at??

Buying a firewall that's not so buggy?  Is it just me or does Steve's
entire explanation make everybody cringe at the thought of it happening to
you?  I'm not trying to start a flame war (and I have utter confidence in
our moderator :), but, and there's always a but ....  but, it's this sort
of thing that makes me so happy about running Linux firewalls.  I know
it's never going to do anything that abysmally stupid.  And it's not just
Linux versus Steve's vendor.  It's Linux/BSD/etc. versus commercial
firewall vendors in general.  How do they expect to compete with so many
bugs?  Not that Linux doesn't have bugs, but not ones that get in the way
of running your firewall.  Umph.

--
</chris>

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.
-Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)