Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX 6.33 & DNS fixup

From: "Smith Bruce" <BruceS () petech ac za>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:23:22 +0200

Hi

We're running 6.3.3 and had around 22000 connections hanging there. We
remove the fixup protocol dns line and within a few hours the
connections had dropped to 330 or so without any DNS conns hanging
around. This definitely seems to have an effect.

My opinion is that the "fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512" should
only be in there if there are win2k3 servers acting as DNS servers
inside.

Bruce Smith
Firewall Admin