Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Iptables script

From: "James Maher" <James.Maher () ird govt nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:33:00 +1300

Hi Mark

While I think using a script as a template (preferably several). I strongly recommend writing your own.
It is a useful learning experience. How else can you be expected to maintain an IPtables firewall if you are using
someone else rule-set? How can you be sure it is doing what you expect? etc..

just my 2p worth

"Mark Ryan" <markryan () charter net> 10/28/02 07:09a.m. >>>
Is there a definitive iptables firewall/nat script out there that offers
the most protection and flexibility?  I currently run a script that I
found on the net but I am sure there is a better one out there
somewhere.  I use a minimal install of Redhat 7.2 on a p166 to act as a
firewall/router.

Mark