Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Contract Rates & CISSP or not

From: "Andy Nold" <anold () home com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:58:27 -0700

Darren,
 Are we getting slick with a not-so-subtle character assassination job, or
maybe venting a little about fears you have about yourself? I invite you to
reread my note, with an emphasis about people judging people without having
had the opportunity to meet them and then form an opinion based on fact.
  To address your concern about the "work ethics and dedication to their
employer or job", I have references going back to the dark ages. Regarding
your assessment "I don't see a quality employee in that, regardless of
qualifications", I understand your position is based on the limited
information provided. Thank God I wasn't count on your vote for employment
or the popularity contest  : )
 I am amused by your statement "Some of the bigger consulting mobs might see
value in what you've got to offer, but quite frankly, I can't wait until you
find another easy source of money and move on." It makes me wonder if you're
afraid of competition? At  the least, I was expecting something more
insightful and pithy from someone that posts as often as you.
 And, in conclusion, regarding the ICS2, Cisco, and Microsoft
certifications, if you think they are "insignificant" because "all you have
to do is "buy them"", you are incorrect insofar as paying for the exam
doesn't mean you are awarded the certification. All the guys I've met in the
industry that passed these and similar exams - like myself - had to spend a
fair amount of time and brain power, supplemented with hands-on research and
work experience, to be able to pass the tests.
Andy