Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Access to Porn sites?

From: David Eilken <david.eilken () DOMAIL MARICOPA EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:50:36 -0700

Dave,

Palo Alto has since acquired Unit 42, Cisco has Talos, etc. There are a
number of good cyber threat intelligence services and ISACs that can
provide you with the intel or have it block in their hardware or cloud. I
have had good results with Emerging Threats' intelligence. Here is a list
of others:  http://thecyberthreat.com/cyber-threat-intelligence-feeds/

It's easier to avoid difficult discussions of blocking any particular type
of content this way. If a reputable cyber threat intelligence service or an
ISAC says something is malicious that should be enough reason to reduce the
risk to the organization and avoid it.

Dave E.
MCCCD