Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Student Account Retention

From: "George J. Silowash" <gsilowas () NORWICH EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 06:09:12 -0700

Jim,

I must admit that I bang that message out pretty quick as I was having a conversation with someone on the phone at the
time. :-)

By account, I mean access to email, LMS, etc. Essentially, I am trying to get an idea of how long accounts remain
active until they are either deactivated or deleted from the system. (My first message neglected to clarify timing).

We are running into licensing issues with various software packages, including O365, and wanted an idea of what other
universities are doing.

-George