Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Student Account Retention

From: Mahmud Rahman <mrahman () MILLS EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 08:52:17 -0800

We have several levels to deal with departing students:

Graduating students:

   - Their AD accounts are removed at the end of May for all graduating
   students from the fall and spring terms.
   - Their G Suite accounts are suspended at the end of July.
   - At the beginning of their graduating semester, they get lifelong G
   Suite accounts in our alumnae domain and we urge them to migrate their
   email from their college accounts to their alum accounts by the end of July.

Withdrawing students lose their AD accounts immediately but are given a
couple of months' grace period on their G Suite accounts.

All this is handled automatically through our Identity Management system.

Mahmud Rahman MFA '04
Director of Systems and Banner Services, ITS
Mills College, Oakland CA
(510)430-2257
mrahman () mills edu