Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM Tools

From: "Manjak, Martin" <mmanjak () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 16:41:14 +0000

We're considering this multi-tiered approach also. In our case , it's prompted by the fact that we have licensing for
VMWare's Log Insight. Granted, it's not the OpenSource tool that many others are touting, but it does offer us
unlimited log aggregation.

The thinking is throw the bulk stuff into something like this and feed selected info into specialty tools where
reports, dashboards, alerts, and queries can be more readily built (or have already been built). I'm told that Log
Insight provides hooks into Splunk to facilitate interoperability.

Marty Manjak
CISO
University at Albany