Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM Tools

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:32:11 -0500

We recently implemented splunk, and we love it!

Frank

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:05 AM, Seth A. Shestack <shestack () temple edu>
wrote:

WE are currently using LogRhythm and are extremely happy.

We also did a POC of Splunk which seemed very good, however we felt that
Splunk would require a larger team to manage since it required more
programming and LogRhythm had many of these correlation rules built out of
the box.

A further caution, I am not sure of your log volume but we started with a
smaller system (Trigeo which was bought out by Solarwinds) and found that
we outgrew it because it couldn’t scale.

Make sure whatever system you buy will scale to any future needs.

Seth