Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM Tools

From: "Bridges, Robert A." <bridgesra () ORNL GOV>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:35:54 +0000

All, I’m a researcher and not an operator, but I interact w/ SOC operators regularly.

Splunk ES has gotten bad reviews from the folks I know (that’s not to say they don’t like/use Splunk)

Stucco is an open-source R&D project (less mature) for correlating internal and external data: https://github.com/stucco

--
Robert A. Bridges, PhD, Research Mathematician, Cyber & Information Science Research Group, Oak Ridge National
Laboratory