Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Virtru and Google Apps

From: Max McGrath <mmcgrath () CARTHAGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:28:03 -0600

Hello -

We are currently looking into Virtru as an add-on encryption tool for
Google Apps.  Can anybody give me any feedback on ease of use and how well
your users adapted to it?

I'm also interested in how you manage/require the use of Virtru.  From what
I gathered, there is nothing stopping a licensed Virtru account from using
their email without the Virtru app installed/enabled (i.e., utilizing
corporate email from a home computer).

Lastly, and perhaps this is frowned upon (please let me know if it is...),
but my CIO is curious what other higher ed customers may be paying for
Virtru.  We recently received a quote for $48/year/user (which we are being
told is the basic 20% discount for education customers (list price being
$60/year/user)).

Thanks!

Max
--