Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security training/conference for senior executives

From: John Kristoff <jtk () DEPAUL EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 09:59:32 -0500

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:13:41 +0000
Alan Bowen <abowen () FANDM EDU> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a short training session or conference for
senior executive(s) that are not information security practitioners?

Unfortunately I only know of two places where you used to be able to go
for this sort of thing.  I don't think there was a big market for it.

One was a half-day course from CERT/CC for just those sort of people.
We had provided it for deans/directors/non-IT people at DePaul many
years ago and was very well received. I don't see this on their
official training program anymore.

FIRST.org had a short lived Corporate Executive Program (CEP) that
might have fit your bill too.  e.g.

  <https://www.first.org/conference/2005/cep/>

I seem to recall having a discussion with a board or former board
member about the disappointment that program didn't continue.

Either or both organizations might appreciate hearing about any renewed
demand for this sort of thing.  If you need some help reaching out to
the right folks at either organization feel free to contact me off
list.

John