Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security training/conference for senior executives

From: Greg Williams <gwillia5 () UCCS EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 19:07:46 +0000

Hi Alan,

I have written a 4 course Specialization for Coursera focusing on real world security called “Practical Computer
Security”.  The first 3 courses are geared toward executives and beginners trying to understand practical security from
a business perspective.  The 4th course focuses on proactive security and is more technology driven.  It is going
through beta testing right now and should be launched within a month.  Once it’s launched, it will show up on the
University of Colorado System page in Coursera - https://www.coursera.org/cusystem .  There is a fee, but you can audit
it.  I can send you the outline if you want.  The courses including my other courses in System Administration and
Security are sanctioned and funded directly through the NSA and Army Reserve P3i program.

Greg Williams, ME
Director of Operations
Office of Information Technology

Adjunct Faculty