Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Repeat offenders during phishing campaign

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:34:43 -0400

James, (et.al.) When a user falls for a [simulated] phish, do you consider
their account to be compromised? our procedure for a compromised account is
to immediately lock it down until we have gone through our set of cleaning
checks. This can take some time, and, if an account is compromised outside
of normal hours, we typically lock it out, and then clean the next day.

If this matches your process (at least generally) do you find that the time
during which they are locked out is a deterrent?

Frank

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM, James Valente <jvalente () salemstate edu>