Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Repeat offenders during phishing campaign

From: James Valente <jvalente () SALEMSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:20:13 +0000

I've inquired about forcing users to attend education training but we're not
allowed to mandate any training like this, especially for faculty.

However, we are allowed to request they attend training. I sent out a bunch
of emails to repeat offenders last week with training material, and a little
note hoping the guilt of the workload created by them falling for a phish
(because they only  see the inconvenience of having a password reset, not
cleaning up a mess at 11:30pm on a Saturday night) encourages them to check
the material and be more cautious in the future.

--James