Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: small schools - nextgen firewalls

From: Kevin Halgren <kevin.halgren () WASHBURN EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:54:35 +0000

Yes, we're using a number of the features, I'd have to review exactly what all we have turned on, but I know we have
antivirus turned on and various other inspection features and are using content filtering for a very small portion of
our network as well.  If we have to start scaling something back it would probably be some of the content inspection
features, the trouble is determining what has the most impact on performance and what risk we'd be adding in doing so.

Kevin