Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Symantec Endpoint Encryption (PGP) and Mathematica - Performance Issues?

From: Homer Manila <homer () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 09:22:25 -0500

We're getting claims that Mathematica (apparently widely used computational
program) and PGP don't work well together due to huge performance hits when
both are installed on a computer.  Symantec has no experience with
Mathematica so could not confirm.  Before we dive into testing, has anyone
else installed this combination of software and would be willing to share
their experience, good or bad?

Thanks,

--Homer Manila, CISSP
Information Security Engineer
Office of Information Technology
American University
202-885-2209

* AU IT will never ask for your password via e-mail.
* Don't share your password with anyone!