Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: small schools - nextgen firewalls

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:35:25 -0500

We have a 300Mb connection.  I have a PaloAlto 2050 at the main campus
and manage a number of Sonicwall devices at perimeter houses and a
remote site on Comcast connections.

I am generally happy with both products.  However after years of
working with both and Cisco ASA, the PaloAlto interface and approach
is by far my favorite.

The 2000 series gui has has some issues, but it has not to my
knowledge affected our throughput.

Jake Barros  |  Network Administrator  |  Office of Information Technology
Grace College and Seminary  |  Winona Lake, IN  |  574.372.5100 x6178