Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: small schools - nextgen firewalls

From: "Kurz, Kenneth J." <kkurz () OU EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:30:34 +0000

I'm relatively new to the list but have seen this thread and people comparing a SonicWall to a Palo.  IMHO apples and
oranges.  For a smaller organization why not something like a Meraki MX box with the security license...I think priced
along the lines of the SonicWall but just as (if not more) capable.  The admin interface is better than either of the
others.

Ken

Ken Kurz
Director, Information Security & Risk Management
OU Information Technology
405-325-6441 - O
405-534-6079 - C
www.ou.edu/ouit<http://www.ou.edu/ouit>