Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure communication of passwords

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 11:28:19 -0500

We have 2 different systems that we use. Internal to the IT Department, we
have a tool called secret server. It encrypts, shares,and audits passwords
& password access

For communication with our users, we use a system called PortalGuard, that
allows for One Time Passwords, or Security Questions for authentication, so
that they can then set a permanent password

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Thomas Carter <tcarter () austincollege edu>