Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Eduroam and Student Usage

From: Mark Borrie <mark.borrie () OTAGO AC NZ>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:59:51 +1200

We don't allow our users (staff/students) to connect to our Eduroam. They have to use our enterprise wireless network.

Mark

On 27/08/2014 3:47 a.m., Pardonek, Jim wrote:

I am sorry if this has been discussed before, but we have recently turned up and eduroam ssid on campus and have noticed a mass exodus from our secured (with NAC) ssid over to eduroam where we are not posturing computers. We have our normal concerns such as being able to quarantine a DMCA offender or a computer with malware until we can find it and get it cleaned, etc.

If you are an eduroam school I would be interested in what you are doing do discourage or prevent students or even faculty/staff from using it in lieu of the secured ssid.

I apologize for bothering the non-eduroam schools. 

Jim

*James Pardonek, MS, CISSP, CEH*

*Information Security Officer**
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road | Chicago, IL  60660
**
(**: (773) 508-6086*

--
Mark Borrie