Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Termination / Retirement Policies

From: Rick Baker <richard.r.baker () GALLAUDET EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:55:01 -0400

Peter,

At Gallaudet University, under current policy we do not allow anyone to
keep their hardware (computer) after they depart as it's property of the
University.

We have one account per user policy for student, faculty, staff and
teachers so their roles are based on security groups (as others may say
attributes) being assigned to the user account.

As for adjuncts, it depends on their active role as student and/or adjunct
as our system automate the process by adding/removing security groups from
the user account.  For either role, if they are not being active for a
year, we either remove the security group(s) and/or disable the account.

Rick Baker
Manager, Data Center Operations
Gallaudet Technology Services

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Peter Lundstedt <peter.lundstedt () drake edu