Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Closed Network Implementation?

From: Willis Marti <wmarti () TAMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:34:59 -0600

One should do it at both border and closer to the target. The border FW provides a basic protection for everyone, and
guards against new systems put up without your knowledge or sysadmins that make a mistake. Then you can build on that
with localized firewalls arounf high value targets.

--
Willis Marti
Director and CISO